Monday, March 7, 2011

First Edition

Here we go...

I've been coveting the bikes of my neighbors for some time - http://vimeo.com/19554917

Well  maybe not that long, but it hit me one day that dropbars, while in the drops, are a more natural position for my hands.  At least when I am not in a full aero road position.  That's the theory anyway.  They call it Monstercross - drop bars and 700c wheels with larger than CX tires but not quite 29ers.

So..."I need a Monster to love!"  Maybe something like this:


I set out to rectify the situation.  I acquired a frame with curves and plenty o tubes on the ebays.  It is in transit with the man in Brown and I collected a pile of parts that are waiting not so patiently in the corner.  Soon the cauldron will boil and my new creation will be born!!  More details and pics to follow...

2 comments:

  1. This is crazy, in a freaky way. The past month or so I have had an itch to run drop bars on my BB. I love tight controls, so always ran flat bars. But I really think drops would be great on dirt. More hand positions for torque and so much more.
    DN

    ReplyDelete
  2. You should give it a try! You may become a dropbar devotee!!

    ReplyDelete