Sunday, March 27, 2011

First Ride report

Sort of...

I was able to get the monster running enough to go up and down the block a few times.  One speed. No brakes, so I had to be careful. Things will change slightly as I get it finished.  Still trying to acquire the crank and then I will get the gears going and brakes setup.

The early review says I need a bit longer stem to get the bars a tad higher.  It is heavy and I will need to get used to the weight!  I knew it would be, but I was hoping for the low t mid 20's - may not make that mark.

I decided to go with the black Brooks and black bar tape with everything else in silver.  Know I need some stickers for the downtube.  Any suggestions on a name?  Needs to start with R...

Let me know what you got!

3 comments:

  1. Rodan,lit.,"giant monster of the sky". It's a monster from a Japanese monster movie made in 1956. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Rodan_(film)
    Seems fitting.
    BTW, what is your background on the page?

    ReplyDelete
  2. vintage japanese Godzilla poster

    ReplyDelete
  3. Can't wait to see the monster in person Friday!

    ReplyDelete